Friday, May 18, 2012

Tomato Poached Eggs


At my house we've always been fairly healthy when it comes to food, but lately we've also been trying to push more fruits and veggies along with protein.  I know I already posted a recipe from the Drop 10 Diet, but this is pretty great too.  Incredibly filling too.  But it did make me want to take a nap after lunch because I was so incredibly full and warm.  :)

Tomato Poached Eggs
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 finely chopped garlic clove
2 cups spinach/kale
2 cups low sodium tomato sauce
2 eggs
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese

Saute mushrooms and garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil, till juices mostly evaporate.  Stir in spinach/kale; add tomato sauce.  When sauce heats and bubbles slightly, add eggs and cover.  Poach eggs until cooked, about 5 minutes.  (Mine took about 8 minutes)  Top with Parmesan cheese.  Serve with a slice of whole wheat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment