If you're looking for a great easy go to dinner, this is definitely it. I always have everything for this on hand at home as its ingredients we use all the time. I got this recipe from kayotic.nl. I actually altered this recipe from the start because some of the ingredients weren't things I typically have in the fridge.
Honey Sesame Pork Strips
- 1 lb meat (pork cutlets, chicken breast, chicken thighs, pork chops) pretty much anything you have on hand
- 3 T apricot preserves (I love the chunks of apricots this adds to the dish)
- 2 T honey
- 1 T low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 t olive oil
- 1 t grated fresh ginger (eyeball it probably grating at least an inch of ginger)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes (again I just shake some in...add more to make it hotter)
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced in to thin strips (I buy red peppers when they're cheap and clean and slice them this way and then put them in a ziploc bag to freeze. That makes this recipe super easy. I just pull out what looks good to me and toss it in the pan)
- rice to serve
Slice meat into thin strips. Add meat to marinade, toss and let sit 15 minutes.
In a non-stick skillet add 1 T oil to the pan. Wait till oil smokes, add meat and all of marinade. Cook without stirring till meat turns opaque. Then add the bell pepper. Cook till done. Serve over rice.
It takes less than half an hour to get this recipe on the table. Which in my opinion totally rocks. I'm all for having something that tastes great but also doesn't always require a lot of work. :)