Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Applegate Farms Chicken Nuggets


Applegate Farms was kind enough to send me some of their Natural Chicken Nuggets.  I have to say these are fantastic!  It's great that they are all natural, dairy-free, casein-free and also use refined oil to make them pretty much soy-free too.  This was great for me as I've got an awful allergy to soy protein or soy flour.  Eating or using anything with soy in it gives me horrific migraines. 

The bag is extremely eye catching.  And lets face it green is definitely one of my favorite colors.  :)  It's also resealable so you can make a few at a time instead of having to use the whole bag. 

Here's a pic of the nuggets straight out of the bag and ready for the oven.  They were very round.  Looking like whole chunks of chicken unlike other nuggets I've had in the past.  I was also surprised that they only took 12 minutes to bake.  This is great as it makes for a very quick nutritious meal.  Other nuggets I've had in the past take closer to 20 minutes.  So this was a plus too.

Here's a pic of when they're done.  They turned out nice and crisp.  The breading was light too.  Which was also a nice change from all other nuggets I've had in the past.  These are something I'd definitely recommend picking up.  In the Chicago suburbs, I see Applegate Farms products are available at Dominick's, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  As these are all close by I'll definitely be picking more of these up soon.

One last pic to share with you.  There is one member of this family who absolutely loves boxes.  :)  The minute I got the cooler out of the box, Seven practically did a Maru slide into it.  It's the absolute perfect size for him and allows him to hide from Miss Rosie in the kitchen.  After all these years you'd think she'd realize that cats are almost always hiding in wait in boxes to attack you.  :)

*Applegate Farms sent me these products so I could review them.  Besides the sample I was not compensated for this review.  All opinions and mistakes are mine.*

No comments:

Post a Comment