Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Vow

Tonight I had advance screening tickets to see The Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.  (Did I mention that I thought it was a Nicholas Sparks book?)  Along with a couple other actors I recognized.  I have to say I kind of live in a bubble when it comes to what movies are coming out or what's currently playing.  That comes from rarely watching any TV at all.  When you don't watch TV you don't see commercials and when you don't see commercials you miss almost all movie previews.  So for me to be aware of a movie it's got to get a lot of hype online.  The Vow didn't exactly have that. 

I got an email about a week or so ago about the screening.  Even if I don't know what the movie is...I normally sign up if its close.  The thing about advance screenings is you have to get there at least an hour before the movie starts because they always overbook the theater to make sure its a full house.  So we got there early and there was quite a crowd.  Which surprised me because I really didn't think it was going to be a hugely popular movie.  The story is a little sappy and sad as its based on a true story and not a Nicholas Sparks book like I originally thought.  (That's what happens when you never watch TV.)  I won't ruin the movie for those of you that really are interested in seeing it, but I was surprised at the amount of nudity in the movie.  I mean I've never seen a Channing Tatum movie where he hasn't been shirtless...but also bottomless was quite the shock.  Especially since it was a PG-13 movie.

All in all the movie wasn't bad.  Wasn't something I'd typically pick as I prefer either truly laugh out loud comedies, action flicks or thrillers.  So if you like a true life story, don't mind seeing a lot of Channing Tatum and want something kinda sappy..this is definitely the movie for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment