Monday, March 19, 2012

Bodhi's Warm Berry Quinoa with Honey Butter


I have to say that I love odd things for breakfast.  So this recipe I found in the Organic Family Cookbook, was right up my alley.  Quinoa for breakfast with berries is absolutely delicious.  It keeps me full for hours and a feel great eating something that's almost vegan for breakfast.  This is wonderfully easy to make and if you've yet to try Quinoa for breakfast you should because you're definitely missing something great.  I have to say I didn't make the honey butter that went along with the recipe.  It seemed like a waste, when I could just add some honey and some butter to the quinoa and get the same result.

Bodhi's Warm Berry Quinoa with Honey Butter

1 cup quinoa (you should rinse it if you don't like the sharp taste of unrinsed quinoa)
2 cups water
honey butter
1/2 cup fresh berries
1 T raw agave nectar
1/2 cup raw pistachios

Put quinoa and water in a pot, cover and bring to a boil.  When it reaches a rolling boil, turn down the heat to low, and cook covered, for about 10 minutes or until water has evaporated.  When quinoa is cooking prepare honey butter.

As soon as quinoa is done, serve immediately, topping each serving with a small dollop of honey butter, berries, agave nectar and pistachios.



I would recommend just adding some butter, honey and agave to taste before you top with berries and pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment