Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wholesome Wednesday: BBQ Pork Chops Baked & Potatoes on the Half Shell


I'm combining these two posts because they made a really great meal together.  And it would be mean to show you that I had the yummy potatoes this week but not post the recipe till the following week.  So this week is a bonus week.  I really did like both recipes quite a bit.  I'll definitely be making the pork chops again soon.  I also think they have the potential to go in the crock pot and turn out just as great.  Also the sauce would be great with chicken or beef also.  

I have to tell you that I love anything with pork in it.  So I was excited to see this very simple recipe to make BBQ pork chops baked.  The only thing that needed changing was the oven temperature.  They just weren’t doing much of anything in the oven, except maybe warmly marinating.  So bumping the temperature up about 25 degrees to 350 made a difference.  The chops turned out extremely tender and flavorful.  Don’t be alarmed if they sauce stays thin, it won’t affect the tenderness or taste any.  I hope you like them as much as we do.

Wholesome Wednesday: BBQ Pork Chops Baked
4 boneless pork chops
½ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1 bay leaf

Brown pork chops in frying pan with a little oil, about 5 minutes per side.  While browning, mix rest of ingredients in bowl whisking well.  Place browned chops in greased shallow baking pan.  Cover with sauce and bake 350 degrees for an hour or until 165 degrees. 


This is one of the easiest twice baked potato recipes I’ve ever seen.  I cheated a bit on making my baked potatoes.  I put mine in the microwave for about 15 minutes and then put them in the oven to cook the rest of the way.  This just speeds the cooking up a bit.  I also used Touch of Philly shredded cheese because I absolutely love the way it melts.

Wholesome Wednesday: Potatoes on the Half Shell
6 baked potatoes
¼ cup hot milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons unsalted butter

Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out the inside.  Mash and mix with butter, salt and milk.  Return to shells and sprinkle with cheese.   Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment