Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wholesome Wednesday: Nutty Blueberry Smoothies


I'm sure you read about how the amazing cake I'm working on isn't quite right yet.  Tastes great, but looks like a pile of goo.  So needs some changes.  I'm thinking more cake and possibly some whipped cream instead of custard to give it more form.

Since the cake didn't progress the way I thought it would, we still need a recipe for this morning.  I've got Nutty Blueberry Smoothies or strawberry for those people who don't like blueberries.  It's a really simple recipe and I had everything on hand.

Nutty Blueberry Smoothies
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon Earth BalanceAlmond Butter
1 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
6 oz. low fat greek or regular yogurt ( I used vanilla in the blueberry and strawberry in the strawberry)
1/2 c skim milk

Put all in blender and blend till smooth.  See easy peasy.  Just the way I like recipes to go.  If you decide to go the strawberry route, just use a cup of strawberries.

Now you're probably wondering why I've specifically linked those ingredients in the recipe.  Later in the week you're going to see reviews of those products because each company has graciously offered to give some away.  So stay tuned if you've been wanting to try out Hemp Hearts or Earth Balance products.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment