Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wholesome Wednesday: Blueberry Blitz Kuchen


A Blitz Kuchen is basically a quick coffee cake.  And who doesn't like coffee cake??  So I thought I'd share this.  If you've noticed I'm all for quick yummy baked things.  :)  And that's all I need say.

Blueberry Blitz Kuchen
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)

Cut the butter into the brown sugar and 1 cup flour.  Reserve 1/2 cup for topping.  Then add egg, vanilla and buttermilk and mix lightly.  Then add 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.  Then fold in blueberries.  Pour into a well greased and floured 9" round or 8" square baking pan.  Sprinkle with topping adding 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup chopped nuts.  Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.  Toothpick test.

No comments:

Post a Comment