Monday, July 23, 2012

Quick Tip: Spray your berries with vinegar

So I've got a quick tip for everyone.  I've seen in several magazines lately that spraying your berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries) with vinegar will extend their shelf life.  Since strawberries are my one of my fave foods I had to give this a try.  I can say it does work!!  We bought some strawberries okay a lot of strawberries at Valli last week and I still have a lone package left in the fridge that are still fresh!!  They taste delicious and like they just came from the store.  This is a great thing for me to have discovered as I love berries and always worry that they will end up molding before they get eaten.

As long as you rinse the berries there is no vinegar taste either.  I just spritz mine with a spray bottle filled with vinegar and put them in the fridge till I'm ready to use them.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment