Friday, October 12, 2012

Carrots With a Twist #CoolWhipFrosting

We LOVE Carrot Cake!  #CoolWhipFrosting
Alison:  If you've visited our blog before, you know that we never need a reason to have a special treat.  We pretty much have them all the time.  We're probably having more treats than you think because we don't share all of them here.

Susie: I know not of which you speak.  Shhhhhhh.  They are listening...

Alison:  Oh geez, what is wrong with you?

Susie: There's still cake left...shhh.  They might come find us and our cake.  Have you no love of cake?  Protect the cake!

Alison:  Back to what I was saying, I had to go to Walmart without you to look for #CoolWhipFrosting.  Due to the fact that you were sleeping, again.
Vanilla #CoolWhipFrosting
Susie: Shopping is detestable. Besides you take for-ever when you go to the store.

Alison:  Well someone has to buy things like groceries and clothes.  We're getting off topic again.  Did you even know Cool Whip made frosting?  Apparently its a new product.  I had to call several stores before I found one in the area that carried it.  The Walmart I went to didn't even carry all three flavors.  They had chocolate and vanilla but no cream cheese.  Which kinda sucked cause I was hoping to put cream cheese frosting on my carrot cake.  But we went with vanilla instead.

Susie:  You should have gotten chocolate.  There was no choice.  Only chocolate.  You fail.

Alison:  Chocolate frosting on carrot cake?  I'm not too sure about that.

Susie:   Madness.  Chocolate + Anything = Yummy

Alison: Sounds a little too strange for me.  Besides chocolate with carrots, raisins, walnuts and orange?  That sounds icky.  I'll make something chocolate the next time I make a treat.  Besides everyone loves this carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Ingredients #CoolWhipFrosting
Look at all the yummy things that go in the carrot cake.  I know vanilla isn't your favorite, but you love carrots, walnuts and raisins.  The batter is so thick.
Carrot Cake Batter ready for the oven.  #CoolWhipFrosting
Susie:  Hmmm, you may continue.  But I expect chocolate in my future.

Alison:  Uh-huh, ignoring that; this cake always turns out perfectly.  I never need to flatten out the layers before I frost it.  Talking about frosting, its a good thing I bought two Cool Whip frostings.  Even though the package said it was enough to frost a two layer nine inch cake, one container only frosted the bottom layer and most of the sides.  It took almost another half of a container to completely frost the cake.
Full Frosted Carrot Cake #CoolWhipFrosting
Susie:  It did take a lot of frosting to fully frost the cake.  Those walnuts do make it look more appealing.  So when are you going to cut it?

Alison:  You'll have to have yours later.  You'll be sleeping by the time we cut it.  Mom will probably get to have a piece before you.
Great afternoon for a special treat with #CoolWhipFrosting!
Susie:  Figures.  I even helped frost it.  I put the walnuts on top too.  Seven and I will have a big piece when I get up.  Carrot cake is breakfast food.  Healthy and all.

Alison:  See you'll get to have it for breakfast.  That's even better than right before bed.  A better way to start the day!

Susie:  You're just saying that cause I can't have any right now.

Alison:  That's not true.  You know cake for breakfast is better than anything else you could have.

Susie:  I guess so, but I still feel like you're tricking me.

Alison: *sigh*  I'm not tricking you.  It just isn't ready right now.  You can also find recipe ideas at Kraft Recipes.  There is also going to be a #CoolWhipFrosting twitter party on Wednesday October 24th at 1 pm EST.

Slice of Carrot Cake #CoolWhipFrosting
I quite like this frosting.  The taste is a mix of Cool Whip and butter cream frosting.  It's light and fluffy but has a very rich taste.  A definite change from any frosting out there on the market.

There is a whole photo album of our shopping trip here on Google+.

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip.  #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.




3 comments:

  1. I had to chuckle at your post. Sounds just like my sister and I baking together :) Your cake turned out lovely. Of course, I'm partial to carrot cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love carrot cake.. and I've been wanting to try the Cool Whip Frosting in the cream cheese flavor. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete