Sunday, December 9, 2012

Not your ordinary Campbell's Tomato Soup + Contest


Is there truly anything better than a hot mug of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on a cold, damp day?  I really don't think so.  I, for one, have always loved the combo of tomato soup and a toasted sandwich.  It's warm and comforting.  All in all a great mood lifter.

Recently, Campbell's soup contacted me and asked if I'd like to try their new heirloom tomato soups.  I grew up having Campbell's original tomato soup, not often mind you, but it's a fond memory.  The heirloom soups are fairly new and definitely a different taste than Campbell's regular tomato soup.

There are two new flavors.  The first, Harvest Orange Tomato, is made with orange tomatoes and has a more delicate flavor than the classic tomato soup.  It's a delightful change of pace and pairs nicely with a classic grilled cheese.

The second, Sun-Ripened Yellow Tomato, is made with yellow tomatoes and has a more Mexican flavor vibe to it probably due to the cilantro in the recipe.  I found this went awesome with our homemade guacamole and chips.

Both soups are a delightful change of pace from Campbell's classic tomato soup.  They've both got such a different taste to them that even non-tomato soup lovers, like my sister, will be wanting more.

On to the giveaway!  One Rosie Discovers reader will win the Campbell's Tomato soup package you see in the photo.  It includes a gorgeous tote bag, cute red and white mug and all three varieties of Campbell's Tomato soup.  To enter just leave a comment below with your favorite tomato soup memory.  Make sure to leave an email address so I can contact you if you win!

Contest will run Sunday, 12/9/12 - Saturday 12/22/12.

*Campbell's provided me with these promotional items to facilitate my review.  They've also provided the prize.  All opinions are my own.*

3 comments:

  1. I was born and raised in South Dakota, so when it was really cold, I remember my mother making hot Cambell's tomato soup and I would add my own milk before eating it to cool it down. I would make milk swirls in the soup before eating it.
    lori.dather@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my Mother made a lot of Tomato soup and grilled cheese & ham sandwiches during the cold winter months sometimes she would have the small oyster crackers that I loved

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete