Saturday, March 30, 2013

Korean Pulled Pork


We love all things Korean and pulled pork so when I saw this recipe, I knew it would be a winner.  It so was, not too spicy but oh so yummy.  This isn't the best photo of the actual pulled pork, but its extremely dark in color.  The only thing I have changed is to leave out the whole star anise.  It is impossible to find whole star anise anywhere and trust me I looked.

Korean Pulled Pork

1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 heaping tablespoon honey
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 heaping tablespoons gochujang
2 pounds pork shoulder

Grease your crock pot add pork shoulder, cutting to fit if necessary.  In a small bowl, combine rest of ingredients and whisk.  Pour over pork and cook on high until tender, 3-4 hours.  When done allow to cool and shred pork.

1 comment: