Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wholesome Wednesday: Whole Wheat Hawaiian Rolls


Here's one of the many recipes from my Bigelow Tea Life of Pi Oscars Party.  I absolutely love Hawaiian rolls but wanted something a little healthier, hence my whole wheat version.  By now you know that I use my bread machine to cut corners whenever I can.  It's amazing to be able to throw all my ingredients into the machine and walk away knowing it will make perfect dough. :)

Whole Wheat Hawaiian Rolls

1 egg yolk
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup bread flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 tablespoons dry milk
2 1/2 teaspoons organic sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

This is the order my bread machine uses for ingredients.  But if your's lists them in a different order, definitely follow the manufacturer's directions.  Put all ingredients in bread machine and set to dough cycle.

When bread machine beeps, remove freshly risen dough from machine to a floured surface.  Punch dough down, divide dough into 12 equal portions and shape into rolls.  Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.  Allow to rise until doubled in size.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  When done you can brush the tops with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment