Sunday, September 15, 2013

Confession Time: I've Never Taken a Cooking Class


Today, I have to confess that I've never, ever taken a cooking class.  I didn't even take home ec in high school. First, there wasn't time in my schedule and second, it wasn't a required class at the high school I attended in Kentucky.  You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this, right?

Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago asked me to come check out one of their new classes next week.  This will be a first for me.  While I've worked in a restaurant setting, I've never taken a cooking class.  I've always been a natural in the kitchen and now with youtube, if I don't know how to do something I can find a video to give me some instruction.  I've also got a secret source.  A guy I went to high school with is a chef, so if I really get stuck or have a completely weird question he's just a text message away.

Rarely do I get nervous, but I am nervous about this class next week.  Make sure to follow Rosie Discovers on facebook, instagram and twitter as I'll be posting photos most of next week!

Confession time, what makes you nervous?


No comments:

Post a Comment