Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wholesome Wednesday: Chocolate Strawberry Bombs


As y'all already know I can't pass up a good cookbook.  I get inspiration from absolutely everything.  Since its so sticky hot in Chicago right now, this week's recipe had to be something that didn't require any cooking or baking.  Which kinda bites because I've been finding the most amazing baking recipes lately.  *sigh*  Those will have to wait till the weather changes.

This little Jell-O cookbook was probably a promo item and someone donated it to the library.  It's pretty darn small about 4 x 8 inches.  I liked that it had cute little desserts in it.  I thought the Chocolate Cherry Bomb sounded good, but would be better with strawberry instead of cherry.  We aren't big cherry fans at my house.  Well red cherries that is, we absolutely love rainier cherries or sour cherries.  :)

This didn't occur to me till now, but you could easily add less boiling water to the jell-o and add some alcohol instead.  Even a flavored vodka or rum.  Easy peasy adult dessert.  :)  I think these would also be awesome with a raspberry jell-o or orange.  Really anything that would compliment chocolate.  I poured mine into a dozen silicone cupcake molds but in the future I'd probably only make half a dozen because then they'd be thicker.

Chocolate Strawberry Bombs
1/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg (3 oz.) strawberry Jell-o
5 oz evaporated milk
2 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped


Add boiling water to gelatin mix in a medium bowl, stir till dissolved.


Microwave evaporated milk and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and mixture is blended.


Add to gelatin, whisk until blended.  Pour into muffin cups, tins, ramekins (really anything you want) coated with cooking spray.  Refrigerate till set, about 35 minutes.


*And on a side note, has anyone noticed how awesome my photos are getting?*  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment