Tuesday, August 14, 2012

SoFabU: Sears Grilling Week 6 Party Time! #SoFabU #grillingishappiness

This week's assignment was to utilize all the skills we've learned in our SoFabU Sears Grilling photography class.  I was strapped for time all week as I had to head out of town the end of the week.  I didn't get to actually grill anything till Sunday night.  We didn't have a huge party just a more elaborate meal than usual.  Turns out it was a good thing we didn't have people over because when I was done cooking I ran out of propane.  Oh and did I mention it started to rain right when I went out to grill?  That foiled our plans to eat outside.

I made a variety of dishes to make a more elaborate meal.  I marinated some pork tenderloin slices in a honey lime marinade.
And what's a grilled meal without grilled corn on the cob?
The marinated pork tenderloin kabobs grilled perfectly.  I was worried they'd stick too much due to the marinade, but they didn't.  :)
While I like my corn grilled, I don't like it blackened.  Typically it takes about 8 minutes on the grill turning it every 2 minutes.

Like I said earlier, we got rained out Sunday night and ended up eating inside.  A lot later than usual about eight at night.  This was our feast.

The fruit salad I made was a huge hit.  Even the picky eaters didn't pick out the fruit they didn't like.  I think it was due to the dressing I made for it.

Grilled garlic cheese and herb bread was amazing and so easy to make.  Just slather spread on both sides of bread slices, put back together as a loaf, wrap in foil and grill.  The entire loaf was gone at dinner.

I absolutely love these tie dyed cupcakes.  They're so bright and cheery.  The cupcakes themselves are rainbow colored along with the frosting.

A fully balanced meal.  Fruits, veggies, meat and some bread.  Three quarters of it grilled too.  It's amazing what you can grill.

I love this close-up shot of the fruit salad on my plate.  How the picture draws your eye to the salad and the rest of the picture is blurred.

See the gorgeous rainbows inside the cupcakes?  Each one looks like this under the cupcake liner.  Check out the next picture after I took a bite.  Gorgeous right?  These are so easy to make.  Just take a white or yellow cake mix, follow mixing directions, then split into 6 bowls and color with rainbow colors (1 color per bowl) and then layer in cupcake tins.  Bake as usual.

It was great to only have to have a fancy meal this week as opposed to three meals the previous weeks.  I did spend much of Sunday prepping everything.  But I love spending time making a great meal.


Once again thanks #SoFabU and Sears for offering this wonderful class on food photography.  Because you know #grillingishappiness.  :)

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias Social Fabric Community.  This shop has been compensated as a part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Sears #CBias #GrillingIsHappiness.  All photos and opinions are my own.




2 comments:

  1. You pictures are just getting better and better! Everything looks delicious! (I want a bite of that bread now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I'm dying! lol no dinner, yet and your salad and cheese bread look fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete