Thursday, September 20, 2012

Wholesome Wednesday: Quick Plum Jam Recipe


Did everyone see my plumarita?  I basically made a quick plum jam to flavor the drink.  Which made it taste amazing.  :)  I thought why not use the same recipe but increase it to make a quick plum jam!

I toyed around with an old tollhouse biscuit recipe on Tuesday morning, but the result wasn't pretty.  Just let me say the biscuits looked like crusted bloody eyeballs.  Great for Halloween, but not at all what I was going for. A bit under the weather this week, so Wednesday's post is a tad late. 

The plum jam is so easy to make.  The color is fabulous and it tastes fresh and not at all plummy.  :)  Not everyone in my house is a fan of plums, but the jam went over fairly well.  I will warn you that I like things tart when it comes to fruit, so if you want a sweeter jam by all means add more sugar.

Quick Plum Jam

3 ripe black plums, pits removed and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup water

Place all in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until fruit is soft and juices thicken.  Let cool slightly.  Use either a food mill or fine mesh sieve to strain mixture.  Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.

Susie Savors:  This one is not my favorite recipe, but it's alright.  I'm not the greatest fan of plums but this is palatable even for me.  It really is tart, but that adds the extra kick in the morning.  I had some on my toast and I was wide awake afterwards.  The color is nice and it's more moist than thick and spreads well.  An easy recipe if you want a spread that will keep a bit longer than a ripe plum.  

No comments:

Post a Comment