Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flying Noir - Chicago Fine Chocolate Show


Flying Noir is one of the amazing chocolatiers who is going to be at the Chicago Fine Chocolate Show this weekend.  While they aren't local to the Chicago area, they're out in California, they did offer to send us a sampling of chocolate they'll have at the show.

Karen sent us two packages of drinking chocolate passionata and kerala d.c..  Both were quite different.  The passionata has a fruity flavor due to the banana, mango and guava.  While the kerala d.c. is a more classic hot chocolate with bite.  Either flavor is a definite treat for chocolate lovers.

Karen also included a gorgeous box of her handmade, hand-painted chocolates.  I absolutely loved that they sparkled!  But it made them a little difficult to photograph.  My fave was the roo, with its creamy rooibus white chocolate ganache center.  I also loved the details used to make the boxes special.  From the printed rubber band to the black tissue paper inside they were a visual delight.

A lot of the chocolates had an interesting bite to them.  I'd definitely recommend these to anyone who loves spicy food.  That added bite isn't something I've encountered often in chocolates.  It was definitely a change of pace.

*Flying Noir sent me these chocolates for review.  All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment